‘National’ Motorcycle Marketing Manager
To strengthen and grow the Suzuki brand in the UK market through the supply of superior value products to complement our customers’ ‘Way of Life’, while delivering against planned sales volume, sales turnover and operating profit, as a subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation.
- Support the Motorcycle sales team in achieving their sales and profit targets, working closely with the Head of Motorcycles to deliver their requirements.
- Develop and deliver marketing activities that support the brand at a strategic and tactical level for Motorcycles and accessories.
- Lead the marketing team to deliver effective activities, delivered on time and with measurable results.
- Manage the marketing budget and contain expenses within the agreed budget figures.
- Manage the agencies, ensuring cost-effective activities and seek opportunities for cost-savings.
- Through the development of a positive, robust and mutually respectful team, lead the Marketing Team and be accountable for its performance. Create a team that proactively supports the saes function and department as a whole.
- Work with the Marine and ATV teams to ensure mutual support, providing resources, ideas and cross-product marketing opportunities.
- Promote the Suzuki brand and look for opportunities for sales growth, through the intelligent development and implementation of Marketing strategies and campaigns.
- This is both a Strategic and Operational role, which will really suit a person who can create effective plans, and also enjoys rolling up their sleeves.
- Develop the team to be equipped to meet the business’s strategic aims now and in the future.
- Establish Team and Individual objectives, measuring performance to drive achievement and communicating any relevant management issues to the Director when necessary.
- Actively implement methods of self-evaluation and take responsibility for personal development to help meet the strategic needs of the division. Submit monthly PDCA reports in regards to marketing activities.
- Create a culture of open and clear communications across the whole team.
- Work hand-in-hand with associated business functions, particularly the sales teams, to ensure that business and sales objectives are delivered.
- Develop relations with subsidiary counterparts in Europe and look for ways to increase our sales by adopting best practices.
- Utilise internal and external resources and information to make sound business decisions in relation to marketing strategies and tactics.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the Dealer Network to understand their businesses, ensuring regular communication, scheduled visits and periodic meetings as appropriate.
- Summarise current market situation and product requirements and be prepared to report and present as required.
- Create, manage and maintain the marketing budget, presenting relevant data and analysis at monthly Expense Review meetings.
- Manage the Race Team relationships in the UK, working closely with the team Principals and the SMC Race Department to understand their various requirements. The aim is to win races and championships and to use these successes for immediate sales growth. Attend UK races on a regular basis at weekends and report on team performance and areas for improvement.
- Manage the Suzuki event programmes, for trade and retail customers, through the year and with the purpose to build the brand and generate sales leads.
- Marketing professional, with experience at executive level
- Proven sales experience, with delivery against targets
- Appropriate budget management experience
- Experience of managing agencies and contractual agreements
- Experienced people manager, working with marketing and sales teams
- Board-level presentation skills
- Motorcycle licence
- Motorcycle industry experience
- A passion for motorsport
- Relevant professional qualification
- Educated to Degree standard
- A passion for all-things with a petrol-engine
- A proven leader, with great interpersonal skills
- A hands-on member of the team – doing as well as managing
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively with individuals and teams at all levels
- A sense of gravitas to engender mutual respect and effectively influence others
- A strategic thinker, highly organised with great attention to detail
- Goal orientated, focused and driven to achieve results
- Highly intuitive with a personable approach, to provide and receive constructive feedback when required
- Able to lead and direct a team, working well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Flexible approach to work, with the ability to reprioritise when required
If you are interested in being considered for this rare opportunity, please send your CV, with covering letter which includes current salary details, to email@example.com